SKILL & CAREER ASSESSMENTS
Have you recently lost your job after working in a specific industry and now want to explore different opportunities?
Are you currently searching for that perfect dream job, but aren't sure exactly what that job is?
Interested in finding out if your current skill set transfers to other industries?
Do you want to test yourself to see if your skill sets match the requirements of the employer?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, visit the assessment lab at Jefferson County Workforce Center . The assessment lab offers numerous tools to help you determine your skill sets or explore your motivators as you search for your next job or career.
There are two types of assessments: Self Assessment and Career Assessment.
A self-assessment should be the first step you take when choosing an occupation. Learning about yourself helps you figure out what career to pursue. Your self-assessment should look at your skills, interest, personality, and values, and how they play an important role in your career choices.
- Choices Career Planner is an advanced online career assessment system that helps individuals effortlessly determines career paths and builds powerful plans as they compare, connect and choose from a vast network of work and training options.
- Career Ready 101 - complete a very basic interest assessment that will begin to tie personal interests to various occupations contained in O*Net and other Occupational Websites.
- Labor Market Information Websites - O*Net, The Occupational Outlook Handbook, and Colorado LMI Gateway, can all provide individuals with information relevant to thousands of various occupations. Additional insight includes: earning potential, work environment, outlook for hiring and expansion, and a list of comprehensive skills and requirements for occupational activity.
- Skills Analyzer - Colorado LMI Gateway, this individualized self-assessment will ultimately allow job seekers to see how their experiences and skills relate to other occupations and industries across the state.
Knowing more about you is a critical first step towards career satisfaction. Career assessment will help you develop an in-depth understanding of what is important to you, what motivates you and interest you. Knowledge gained from the assessment process will help you to develop ways to gain greater satisfaction in your current job or within your current company, determine how to package your skills and position yourself in the marketplace in order to find a great job, or choose a new career path.
Career Assessments Available:
- Career Ready 101 provides an online, interactive learning system for common skills required for all jobs based on ACT's WorkKeys employment system. Basic resumes can be developed, Interest profile can be established, and assignments can be customized to fit the needs of the individual. Develop your skills in writing, reading, and mathematics for a multitude of workplace activities. Challenge yourself to be a better prepared candidate for your next career step.
- Prove It! This computer based training and assessment tool provides users the opportunity to measure their skills in a wide variety of technical proficiencies, computer software, customer service related skills such as call center operations, workplace communication, clerical skills to include typing, spelling, correspondence, and much more.
- CareerReady Colorado Certificate is a proctored exam that can provide students and job seekers a Certificate that reflects their abilities in Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information. Certificates are tied to occupations that require graduated levels of proficiency (Customers must complete pre-test for Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, and Reading for Information scoring a minimum of a 3 in all three subjects, and then arrange to take the examination).
- TABE is an academic assessment that measures reading, mathematics, and language ability.
- MHC GED Interactive assists with GED preparation.
- Mavis Beacon is typing tutorial and instruction program that provides timed typing tests and allows the job-seeker to print out certificates of accomplishment.
OTHER TOOLS & TUTORIALS
- Video Professor CD Rom's - MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point allows you to refresh your knowledge of these programs, and learn some concepts that will enhance your abilities.
- Win Way Resume Wizard - Assist with basic resume development.
- E-Colorado Portal - https://www.e-colorado.org/File.aspx?ID=1367 - This link provides access to a wide variety of tutorials and assignments that can assist in the development of work readiness skills.
- www.gcflearnfree.org - Computer Training, Email Set-Up and Use, Math and Money, and Basic Life Skills.