Business Service - Hire
Post a Job
Businesses can improve recruitment efforts by posting on ConnectingColorado.com, a no cost, statewide job posting database. Access thousands of qualified job seekers in every occupation and recruit local talent. On the Connecting Colorado site click on "Employer" to get started posting jobs today.
For additional support please contact:
Customized Hiring Events
Need to hire employees? Hiring events are a good way to supplement recruitment efforts. The Business Services team will search and screen for prospective candidates to meet specific qualifications, promote the event, and then assemble the candidates in a suitable place for the business to review.
For more information and to set up a hiring event please contact:
On-the-Job Training (OJT) Subsidies
With an On-the-Job Training (OJT) arrangement, Jefferson County Workforce Center can reimburse up to 50% of the employee's gross wages for up to 6 months.
Your company agrees to train a qualified, pre-screened candidate, and is expected to retain this individual at the successful completion of the agreement period.
For more information, please contact:
- Contact Us. Fill out this OJT Request Form or call us at 303-271-4800.
- Search for Candidates. The Workforce Center will forward you resumes of qualified candidates to add to candidates you find on your own.
- Choose a Candidate. You choose the candidate that best fits your long term needs and make an offer. But don't have the start just yet!
- Enroll in Program. Candidate meets with workforce team at our office to enroll in training program.
- Sign the Agreement. You, the candidate, and workforce staff meet at your location to sign a training agreement.
- Employment Begins. The candidate becomes your employee and you begin the training process.
- Employee Assessment. The employee will need to take an online assessments during work hours (takes about 2hrs. and can be spread out over a number of days).
- Site Visit. Our staff will come back to your site 2-3 times during the training period to see how things are going (takes 30 mins. or less)
- Reimbursement. Once a month submit copies of candidate pay stubs for reimbursement.
- Success! You now have a fully trained employee helping your business succeed and grow!
|click image to enlarge|
Hire a Veteran
Toolkit for Hiring Veterans
US Department of Labor, Veterans Employment and Training Service
Business Services can provide access to two nationally recognized assessment programs at no cost to you.
Career Ready Colorado
A National Career Readiness Certificate is a portable credential based upon the WorkKeys jobs skills assessment system. The Certificate confirms to employers that an individual possesses the basic workplace skills required for the 21st century jobs. Click here for more information.
Prove It! gives you the power to identify and select the most talented candidates and employees. With over 1,200 validated assessments! Click here for more information.
For additional support, contact: